Technology savvy organizations or “modern enterprises” are powered by advanced digital technologies that drive operational excellence and growth. These modern enterprises are highly data-driven, operationalizing big data to capitalize on advanced digitally enabled paradigms and fuel data-driven innovation. So, what are these modern enterprises doing differently that makes them stand out from the crowd?
Characteristics of the modern enterprise
Modern, data-driven enterprises have the following fundamental attributes that help them solidify their market position and drive global growth.
- A sustainable strategy for implementing enterprise-wide Intelligent Automation initiatives to capture maximum business value
- Evolving RPA beyond mere process automation to not only achieve cost and labor efficiencies but also to reimagine the way business is conducted
- Democratization of automation to create an organization-wide culture of driving innovation-led growth
- Infrastructure, technology, cybersecurity readiness to effectively deal with tomorrow’s data today
- Mature process frameworks, established governance standards, robust technology and digital architectures
Intelligent Automation – a pillar for growth of the modern enterprise
Intelligent Automation (IA) is at the heart of digital innovation, driving consistency, velocity, and quality at scale. In the context of the modern enterprise, Intelligent Automation looks beyond bottom-line savings to top-line growth and digital transformation, delivering software-powered digital innovation across the enterprise. Intelligent Automation today is all about –
- Improving employee and customer experiences
- Enhancing operational and process efficiencies
- Achieving business excellence
- Enabling service improvements and innovations
- Facilitating strategic decision-making
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Intelligent Automation (IA) are some of the most misconstrued concepts today. In the simplest definition, RPA involves automating routine, mundane, and repetitive rules-based tasks while IA works on processes that need human judgment, intuition, creativity, and problem-solving skills. By learning to mimic human capabilities, IA takes on a more cognitive approach to routine RPA implementations. A combination of RPA and IA helps modern enterprises streamline both rules-based as well as complex intelligence-driven systems, workflows, and processes to create intelligent, future-ready, self-driven enterprises.
RPA optimizes costs. IA turbocharges business transformation.
RPA is great to automate simple processes that follow a set of human-defined rules. However, in the case of tasks with many variations or exceptions, like activities around the processing of large volumes of unstructured data, RPA might create scalability challenges that could impact ROI. Humans are adaptable; software bots that are programmed to follow rules aren’t. This is exactly where AI-driven Intelligent Automation supersedes rules-based RPA.
IA integrates core RPA functionalities with additional capabilities where bots learn to adapt in real time. Rapid advancements in AI have created a whole new breed of cognitive technologies capable of mimicking inherent human capabilities such as image identification and handwriting recognition. These cognitive technologies – when integrated with RPA and advanced analytics – enable end-to-end enterprise automation, driving sustained business transformation.
A report published by Everest Group highlights the critical components of Cognitive RPA or RPA 4.01 – the next level of maturity in the conventional enterprise automation model.
If deployed systematically, Intelligent Automation offers multiple benefits to the enterprise
- Enhanced accuracy due to low/no manual intervention
- Regulatory compliance and improved governance through clear process definitions
- Cost savings – optimized resource utilization and reduction in operational manpower delivers lower costs (20%-70% based on the process)
- Increased productivity and process efficiency – bots can work 24×7 and scale as needed, resulting in higher throughput
- Reliability, consistency, and scalability – no changes to IT architecture or integration with existing systems
- Low technical barriers – no programming skills required
- Improved employee engagement levels – freeing up human resources for more high-value, strategic tasks boosts motivation
- Superior customer satisfaction – automation of customer-facing tasks with AI helps resolve customer queries quickly and with greater accuracy
Emtec Digital’s 5D implementation strategy for successful Intelligent Automation
Emtec Digital offers a robust suite of Intelligent Automation services that deliver dynamic process workflows to drive enterprise-wide business transformation. We work closely with clients to measure organizational readiness for IA and build a comprehensive automation roadmap that unlocks maximum value from Intelligent Automation initiatives. Our end-to-end IA solution suite uses factory-based agile development methodologies to deliver high quality, optimized solutions utilizing best-of-breed RPA tools and AI technologies.
Extended capabilities in Intelligent Automation powered by a dedicated Center of Excellence
Our Intelligent Automation services enable clients to address critical process and operational challenges in a cost-effective manner, while optimizing and enhancing the performance of the existing automation stack with more control and less risk. Our end-to-end consulting services help enterprises achieve more agility and speed in executing enterprise automation initiatives. Post implementation, our dedicated IA Center of Excellence (CoE) provides extended bot support for efficient process automation. Our value-driven Intelligent Automation deployments are supported by the best automation experts in the industry, advanced tools and accelerators, the latest technology stack, best practices in governance and automation, and industry leading partnerships.
We help clients across a diverse set of industries intelligently automate critical process functions across human capital, finance and accounting, customer service, and IT.
If you are looking to accelerate enterprise automation projects by incorporating advanced Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technologies, Emtec Digital can help. Our automation experts will study your existing tech stack and identify potential candidates for automation, while suggesting the appropriate technologies that will augment RPA to deliver enhanced efficiencies and facilitate business transformation.
Contact us today for a no-obligation consult to understand how advanced automation technologies can transform your business.
Sreenivas (Sreeni) Vemulapalli
Associate Vice President, Emtec Digital
Sreeni is an accomplished technology leader with over 25 years of experience building highly scalable enterprise applications using the latest digital technologies and handling pre-sales, technical and solution architecture, project management, and delivery. For the last 5+ years, Sreeni has been instrumental in establishing the RPA Center of Excellence (CoE) and growth of the Intelligent Automation practice at Emtec Digital. From design and development to delivering and enhancing automation solutions for clients, Sreeni has a passion for helping firms across industries realize the benefits of RPA.